While rhythm guitar can appear deceptively simple on your favorite tune, it often only seems that way because of the masterful skill of the recording guitarist. You see it’s not just about technique, having the feel is just as important! Top those skills off with the ability to play different styles of music, a good handle on getting tones and using effects...you’ll be getting noticed and getting the gig!
In this course you'll learn how to:
- play parts that FEEL good regardless of your level
- master solidly pocketing an 8th note style rock groove for driving rhythm tracks
- use different chord inversions all over the neck
- play in diverse styles of music from 60’s R&B, 80’s style pop rock, all the way to present day massive rock and country hits
- create feel filled funk grooves that will get any room or track dancing
- layer arpeggiated guitar lines with big rock chords to create huge radio ready choruses
- create dynamic parts with space that will make you a hit with any singer or songwriter in your town
- create perfect and unique guitar tones by using different combinations of amp sounds and effects pedals
- create classic two guitar player harmonies in the style of The Allman Brothers
- use delay effects to make bouncing edge like guitar parts or expansive keyboard pad sounds
- use different amounts of overdrive and pickup combinations to get a massive array of tones. Even if you only have one guitar, you’ll be able to maximize your tonal expressiveness
- pick in different spots on the guitar to sonically enhance the sounds of your rhythms from bright to warm and round
- infuse different styles of music in your song or jams. From Petty style Rock, Chili Pepper funk, all the way to huge U2 style delay tracks to greatly enhance your songwriting creativity and ability to take your listener in any direction you desire.